Take a big lump of cheese mixed with egg and butter, wrap it in dough, flatten it down, and bake. Sound good? Then get yourself to your closest purveyor of the Georgian cheese-stuffed bread khachapuri. In this video from CHOW, you can see how khachapuri is made at hole-in-the-wall bakery Georgian Bread in Brighton Beach.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- 24 Creamy, Melty, Cheesy Recipes to Warm Your Belly
- Forget Soaking. Use Your Pressure Cooker for Perfect Black Beans in Under an Hour.
- The Food Lab: 15-Minute Ultra-Gooey Stovetop Mac and Cheese
- Can Cinder, the World's Most Precise Griddle, Replace Sous-Vide?
- These Toasted Baguette Croutons Are Better Than Most Crackers