Take a big lump of cheese mixed with egg and butter, wrap it in dough, flatten it down, and bake. Sound good? Then get yourself to your closest purveyor of the Georgian cheese-stuffed bread khachapuri. In this video from CHOW, you can see how khachapuri is made at hole-in-the-wall bakery Georgian Bread in Brighton Beach.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Ideas in Food's Best Japanese-Style Fried Chicken Just Happens to Be Gluten-Free
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Send Off Summer Right (Part 2): 25 Delicious Side Dishes for Labor Day
- Why Jianbing is China's Most Popular Street Breakfast
- Hey Chef, What Can I Do With Black Garlic?