Take a big lump of cheese mixed with egg and butter, wrap it in dough, flatten it down, and bake. Sound good? Then get yourself to your closest purveyor of the Georgian cheese-stuffed bread khachapuri. In this video from CHOW, you can see how khachapuri is made at hole-in-the-wall bakery Georgian Bread in Brighton Beach.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Trial by Fire: My Life With the Culinary Director of Serious Eats
- Cookbook Love Letter: Jacques Pépin's Complete Techniques
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Special-Occasion Breakfast: Challah French Toast With Orange and Rum