20110217 - 138411 - Keste - Tiramisu.jpg

[Photo: Kathy YL Chan]

While Motorino holds the title of my favorite tiramisu in the city, we can add Keste to the list of reliable go-tos. It's $6 for a fair-sized round, layer upon layer of espresso-soaked ladyfingers, cocoa, and a velvety, barely-sweet yolk whipped mascarpone. In warm weather, I have this tiramisu to go, an impromptu sweet devoured at the nearby triangle park where Bleecker and Carmine intersect.

(Don't bother with tiramisu from recently opened Roma just a few shops down the block. It's a dollar less than Keste but the tiramisu is a mess, served in pre-packaged plastic cups filled 90% with plain cream and the other 10% with cocoa powder. They completely forgot the ladyfingers.)

Keste

271 Bleecker Street, New York NY 10014 (map)
212-243-1500
kestepizzeria.com

About the author: Originally from Honolulu, Kathy YL Chan writes A Passion For Food, where she chronicles her eats and travels adventures between Hawai'i, New York and beyond. She firmly believes that there is always room for dessert.

Comments

Comments can take up to a minute to appear - please be patient!

Previewing your comment: