Spring continues to bloom at the Union Square Greenmarket, where asparagus, cucumbers, and all manner of spring onions are available by the bucketload. At this week's Wednesday market, there were other seasonal offerings like fiddleheads, pea greens, and stinging nettles. Check out what's in season in the slideshow above.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- How to Make the Most of Late-Summer Fruit With Pie
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- Fire Up the Grill for Vietnamese Caramelized Lemongrass Pork Chops