Simon Marrian is well-versed in the art of smoking fish; he's been doing it for over 30 years. He taught himself how to smoke fish in Africa, but started his smoked fish business, Samaki Smokehouse, when he moved his family to New York in 1983. In the latest episode of Food Curated from documentarian Liza de Guia, Simon and his son Jason show how they cold smoke salmon and talk about what sets them apart from larger producers. Watch the video after the jump.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Trial by Fire: My Life With the Culinary Director of Serious Eats
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Cookbook Love Letter: Jacques Pépin's Complete Techniques
- Making Nachos for the Super Bowl? Here Are the Essentials