We've known for awhile that we'd be losing friend, former Serious Eater, and Midtown Lunch mastermind Zach Brooks to Los Angeles, but it looks like the word is officially out: he'll be leaving New York City by the end of January. Expect Midtown Lunch to go on without him, covering street carts and steam tables in NYC's Midtown and Downtown, and, soon, Philadelphia—plus Los Angeles, of course, as soon as he's settled. Best of luck, Zach. We'll be reading!
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: Sorry, Pulled Pork, It's Cochinita Pibil's Moment
- How to Make Rich, Flavorful Caramel Without Melting Sugar
- 3 Simple Yucatán-Style Condiments to Spice Up Taco Night
- Beyond Memorial Day Burgers: 13 Recipes for Grilled Steak and More
- Serious Eats Recommends: 6 Food-Focused Books, Podcasts, and TV Shows We Love Right Now