We've known for awhile that we'd be losing friend, former Serious Eater, and Midtown Lunch mastermind Zach Brooks to Los Angeles, but it looks like the word is officially out: he'll be leaving New York City by the end of January. Expect Midtown Lunch to go on without him, covering street carts and steam tables in NYC's Midtown and Downtown, and, soon, Philadelphia—plus Los Angeles, of course, as soon as he's settled. Best of luck, Zach. We'll be reading!
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Dinner in 20: For the Best Fried Chicken Cutlets, Use Clarified Butter
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- Fire Up the Grill for Vietnamese Caramelized Lemongrass Pork Chops