In her latest short documentary, filmmaker Liza De Guia of Food Curated profiles Milkmade, a subscription-based ice cream delivery service run by East Village-based ice cream makers, Diana Hardeman and Michelle Truong. They make unique flavors of small batch ice cream (this month's are Chocolate Five Spice and Ris a La Mande) using local ingredients, and hand deliver the pints to their subscribers once a month. Milkmade currently only deliver to the East Village, but they plan on expanding to other parts of the city in January. Watch the video after the jump.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Everything You Can Do With a Can of Coconut Milk