In her latest short documentary, filmmaker Liza De Guia of Food Curated profiles Milkmade, a subscription-based ice cream delivery service run by East Village-based ice cream makers, Diana Hardeman and Michelle Truong. They make unique flavors of small batch ice cream (this month's are Chocolate Five Spice and Ris a La Mande) using local ingredients, and hand deliver the pints to their subscribers once a month. Milkmade currently only deliver to the East Village, but they plan on expanding to other parts of the city in January. Watch the video after the jump.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: Sorry, Pulled Pork, It's Cochinita Pibil's Moment
- Beyond Memorial Day Burgers: 13 Recipes for Grilled Steak and More
- Serious Eats Recommends: 6 Food-Focused Books, Podcasts, and TV Shows We Love Right Now
- The Story of Carolina Gold, the Best Rice You've Never Tasted
- 3 Simple Yucatán-Style Condiments to Spice Up Taco Night