The original Nathan's World Famous Frankfurters shack, opened in 1916 on Coney Island, may be threatened by the ever-shifting landscape of Brooklyn zoning. One true Nathan's fan has penned an online petition to assign the building landmark status and save his beloved hot dog stand. Now that's loyalty. (And, perhaps, wishful thinking.) Read or sign the petition here.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab's Complete Guide to Sous Vide Salmon
- Video: Use Cherry Tomatoes for the Fastest Fresh Pasta Sauce Ever
- 30 Tasty Side Dishes to Round Out Your Labor Day Feast
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- A Guide to Great Tomato Bruschetta, in Season and Out