The original Nathan's World Famous Frankfurters shack, opened in 1916 on Coney Island, may be threatened by the ever-shifting landscape of Brooklyn zoning. One true Nathan's fan has penned an online petition to assign the building landmark status and save his beloved hot dog stand. Now that's loyalty. (And, perhaps, wishful thinking.) Read or sign the petition here.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Dinner in 20: For the Best Fried Chicken Cutlets, Use Clarified Butter
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams
- The Food Lab's BLT Manifesto