Brooklyn Based shares good and bad news this morning. Starting with the bad: "Bonita on Bedford Avenue in Williamsburg will serve its last taco on August 15." (Issues with the landlord.) But on a sunnier note: Caroline Fidanza, founding chef of Marlow and Sons and Diner, is opening a new restaurant of her own called Saltie's at 378 Metropolitan, joined by Egg cook Elizabeth Schula. The menu will include “pastries, sandwiches, ice cream, and as much good food as we can produce out of a small space."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Special Sauce: Pete Wells on Writing, Ketchup, and 2-Star Restaurants
- The Food Lab: Follow the Rules for the Best All-American Beef Stew
- Cookbook Love Letter: Anne Willan's La Varenne Pratique