Annisa. I e-mailed Annisa chef-restaurateur Anita Lo for confirmation. She responded quickly: "Yes, we had a terrible kitchen fire in the early hours of July 4th, after everyone was gone. The fire marshall hasn't come yet, so we don't know what started it. And yes, we are going to rebuild--hopefully better than before." Our thoughts and prayers are with Anita and the entire Annisa staff.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- McDonald's Killed Burger King's McWhopper, so We Made it Ourselves
- The Best Peach Cobbler Is Also a Simple Peach Cobbler
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Charcoal Versus Gas Grills: The Definitive Guide
- Why Jianbing is China's Most Popular Street Breakfast