All this week, The Mermaid Inn will celebrate the mid-Atlantic crustacean in dishes like crab cakes, crispy soft shells with succotash, and Crab Louis. Any transplants from Delaware, Maryland, or Virginia who sport a hometown license, ID card, or even prove a cell phone number area code, get 10 percent off. The Blue Crab Festival ends on Sunday, June 21.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: Here's Why McDonald's Burgers Don't Rot
- The Food Lab: Follow the Rules for the Best All-American Beef Stew
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- How to Make Ribollita, an Italian Vegetable Soup That's Also a Pancake