All this week, The Mermaid Inn will celebrate the mid-Atlantic crustacean in dishes like crab cakes, crispy soft shells with succotash, and Crab Louis. Any transplants from Delaware, Maryland, or Virginia who sport a hometown license, ID card, or even prove a cell phone number area code, get 10 percent off. The Blue Crab Festival ends on Sunday, June 21.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- 24 Creamy, Melty, Cheesy Recipes to Warm Your Belly
- The Food Lab: 15-Minute Ultra-Gooey Stovetop Mac and Cheese
- Can Cinder, the World's Most Precise Griddle, Replace Sous-Vide?
- Forget Soaking. Use Your Pressure Cooker for Perfect Black Beans in Under an Hour.
- These Toasted Baguette Croutons Are Better Than Most Crackers