Marlow & Sons and Diner will feature rotating soft shell crab appetizers (between $15 and 18). If it's not on one menu, it'll be at the next-door restaurant. Tonight it's a "Soft Shell Crab Almondine" at Marlow & Sons, inspired by the French 1970s dish usually with trout. Look out for a beer-battered soft shell crab with a caper spring garlic aioli and a sandwich with house-pickled onions and homemade pancetta on a brioche bun. "The jumbo crabs are coming in nice and soft this year," said chef Sean Rembold, who is excited to be playing with them every night.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- The Food Lab: Four Secrets to Improving Any Fried Chicken Recipe
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- How I Built a Barbecue Restaurant in Brooklyn: One Year Later
- A Social History of Jell-O Salad: The Rise and Fall of an American Icon