Marlow & Sons and Diner will feature rotating soft shell crab appetizers (between $15 and 18). If it's not on one menu, it'll be at the next-door restaurant. Tonight it's a "Soft Shell Crab Almondine" at Marlow & Sons, inspired by the French 1970s dish usually with trout. Look out for a beer-battered soft shell crab with a caper spring garlic aioli and a sandwich with house-pickled onions and homemade pancetta on a brioche bun. "The jumbo crabs are coming in nice and soft this year," said chef Sean Rembold, who is excited to be playing with them every night.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Ideas in Food's Best Japanese-Style Fried Chicken Just Happens to Be Gluten-Free
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Send Off Summer Right (Part 2): 25 Delicious Side Dishes for Labor Day
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Hey Chef, What Can I Do With Black Garlic?