Marlow & Sons and Diner will feature rotating soft shell crab appetizers (between $15 and 18). If it's not on one menu, it'll be at the next-door restaurant. Tonight it's a "Soft Shell Crab Almondine" at Marlow & Sons, inspired by the French 1970s dish usually with trout. Look out for a beer-battered soft shell crab with a caper spring garlic aioli and a sandwich with house-pickled onions and homemade pancetta on a brioche bun. "The jumbo crabs are coming in nice and soft this year," said chef Sean Rembold, who is excited to be playing with them every night.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- 22 Supermarket Items You Should Leave on the Shelf (and What to Get Instead)
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Smoky and Spicy Chicken Tinga Is the Ultimate One-Pot Taco Filling
- Making Nachos for the Super Bowl? Here Are the Essentials
- One-Skillet Korean Nachos Will Shake Up Your Party Menu