Elizabeth's Cinco de Mayo garden party will have a lot of awesome things for 50 cents: shots of Tanteo tequila, tacos (pulled pork and flank steak involved, oh snap!), and scoops of Il Laboratorio del Gelato's chocolate tequila sorbet and jalapeno tequila gelato. Party will happen rain or shine—they have a retractable roof over the garden—between 5 and 7 p.m. Cash only. Somebody mentioned a pinata too. 265 Elizabeth Street (map); 212-334-2426.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Dinner in 20: For the Best Fried Chicken Cutlets, Use Clarified Butter
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- Special Sauce: Dinosaur BBQ's John Stage on His Unlikely Path to Pitmaster