Elizabeth's Cinco de Mayo garden party will have a lot of awesome things for 50 cents: shots of Tanteo tequila, tacos (pulled pork and flank steak involved, oh snap!), and scoops of Il Laboratorio del Gelato's chocolate tequila sorbet and jalapeno tequila gelato. Party will happen rain or shine—they have a retractable roof over the garden—between 5 and 7 p.m. Cash only. Somebody mentioned a pinata too. 265 Elizabeth Street (map); 212-334-2426.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Trial by Fire: My Life With the Culinary Director of Serious Eats
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Special-Occasion Breakfast: Challah French Toast With Orange and Rum
- Cookbook Love Letter: Jacques Pépin's Complete Techniques