Elizabeth's Cinco de Mayo garden party will have a lot of awesome things for 50 cents: shots of Tanteo tequila, tacos (pulled pork and flank steak involved, oh snap!), and scoops of Il Laboratorio del Gelato's chocolate tequila sorbet and jalapeno tequila gelato. Party will happen rain or shine—they have a retractable roof over the garden—between 5 and 7 p.m. Cash only. Somebody mentioned a pinata too. 265 Elizabeth Street (map); 212-334-2426.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- How I Built a Barbecue Restaurant in Brooklyn: One Year Later