Elizabeth's Cinco de Mayo garden party will have a lot of awesome things for 50 cents: shots of Tanteo tequila, tacos (pulled pork and flank steak involved, oh snap!), and scoops of Il Laboratorio del Gelato's chocolate tequila sorbet and jalapeno tequila gelato. Party will happen rain or shine—they have a retractable roof over the garden—between 5 and 7 p.m. Cash only. Somebody mentioned a pinata too. 265 Elizabeth Street (map); 212-334-2426.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- McDonald's Killed Burger King's McWhopper, so We Made it Ourselves
- The Delicious Secret Behind Your Favorite Whiskey: The Best Spirits from MGP
- A Summer Vegetable Lasagna That's Light (but Not Too Light)
- Why Jianbing is China's Most Popular Street Breakfast
- Easy Cocktails: 35 Simple, 3-Ingredient Drinks to Make at Home