All right, all you hot dog-loving serious eaters, listen up. The Hot Dog Hootenanny is coming up this Sunday at 3 p.m. at the Astor Center. It's $25 for plenty of hot dogs, beer, and Prosecco. It's a great deal, but we are also giving away a couple of tickets right here.
Just listen to this array of hot dogs you'll be able to sample:
- Classic Chicago-style dogs, actually shipped in from Chicago by the good folks at Vienna Beef, garnished with sport peppers, celery salt, day-glo green relish, pickles, and tomatoes, on a poppy seed hot dog bun, of course.
- The Bulgogi Dog from the good folks at New York Hotdog & Coffee.
- One of Crif Dogs' finest.
- And, of course, New York's all-beef natural casing dogs, accompanied by mustard, relish, and onions.
And noted hot dog author and frankfurter-ologist Bruce Kraig will guide us through a tasting of even more hot dogs:
- Red Hot Chicago beef
- Thumann's beef-and-pork
- Hofmann Snappys
- Carolina Red Hots
- Oscar Mayer supermarket dog
Comments here will close at 3 p.m. ET on Friday, May 1. One entry per community member. The standard Serious Eats contest rules apply.