It was only a matter of time before the Takedown series would include coagulated soy beans. The Tofu Takedown, piggybacking (ha) off the more animal-killing-centric Bacon Takedown and Chili Takedown, will take place on May 10 at the Highline Ballroom at 4 p.m. If you have a delicious recipe that can be multiplied by off-white blocks of blob then email organizer Matt Timms at firstname.lastname@example.org. Previous Takedowns have been capped after filling the competitor quota, so don't hesitate—start playing with those bean curds.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Ideas in Food's Best Japanese-Style Fried Chicken Just Happens to Be Gluten-Free
- Send Off Summer Right (Part 2): 25 Delicious Side Dishes for Labor Day
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Hey Chef, What Can I Do With Black Garlic?