Take advantage of the 2-for-1 happy hour at the Bell House (located in the Gowanus area of Park Slope) from 5 to 7 p.m. before the fun really starts. In anticipation of next weekend, the Brooklyn Food Conference is hosting a Soul Session (cough, karaoke) from 8 to 10 p.m. Free, with a $10 suggested donation. (149 7th Street, Brooklyn NY 11215 (map);718-643-6510
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- Send Off Summer Right: 28 Grilled Mains for a Labor Day Cookout