It's a little weird to buy cheese on sale without triple-checking the expiration date, but the top-quality cheese cases at Balducci's have a 40 percent off sign, preparing for the specialty market's closing April 26. "Other groceries around the store are discounted anywhere from 15 to 50 percent, bringing the prices more in line with a normal market, if only for a few weeks," reports the Shophound. Both the Chelsea and Lincoln Square locations are shuttering, in addition to the Ridgefield, Connecticut, and D.C. stores.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- What Is American Cheese, Anyway?
- Grilled Oysters Are Better With Butter: How to Make the Best Barbecued Oysters
- How to Make Oven-Baked Pork Ribs That Taste Like Smoky Barbecue
- Mortar and Pestle + Food Processor = Great Curry Paste, Fast
- How Hot Is Too Hot? Adam Savage and The Food Lab Sear Steaks to Find Out