It's a little weird to buy cheese on sale without triple-checking the expiration date, but the top-quality cheese cases at Balducci's have a 40 percent off sign, preparing for the specialty market's closing April 26. "Other groceries around the store are discounted anywhere from 15 to 50 percent, bringing the prices more in line with a normal market, if only for a few weeks," reports the Shophound. Both the Chelsea and Lincoln Square locations are shuttering, in addition to the Ridgefield, Connecticut, and D.C. stores.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Ideas in Food's Best Japanese-Style Fried Chicken Just Happens to Be Gluten-Free
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Send Off Summer Right (Part 2): 25 Delicious Side Dishes for Labor Day
- Why Jianbing is China's Most Popular Street Breakfast
- Hey Chef, What Can I Do With Black Garlic?