The quintessential New York appetizing emporium will now be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday. Weekend hours remain the same: Saturday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Sunday, 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Says Russ & Daughters' Jen Snow, "Our hours were the same for so long because they were created in a time when people didn't want to be on the Lower East Side early in the morning or late at night. But that's certainly changed." Indeed it has.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- Turn Scallion Greens and Tomato Skins From Trash to Delicious Powdered Treasure