The first soft shell crab catch of 2009 has arrived at the Grand Central Oyster Bar, and starting today, it's available in entrée form for $31.95 ("two jumbo soft shells, prepared in classic Ingber style, sautéed with garlic herb butter"). According to chef Sandy Ingber: "The warmer the weather, the earlier the soft shells molt. The early catch, naturally, is from Florida, where weather is warmest this time of year. Later, the soft shells will be shipped from Georgia and the Carolinas.”
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- Turn Scallion Greens and Tomato Skins From Trash to Delicious Powdered Treasure