From the Jewish Daily Forward: "The Park Slope Food Coop is at the nexus of the borough’s many diverse Jewish populations...But the co-op’s unusual Jewish character is being tested by a proposal to ban products bought from Israel, such as the persimmons and red peppers...Since Israel’s Gaza operation, there has been a rash of campaigns around the world to divest from Israel." [via Gowanus Lounge]
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Everything You Can Do With a Can of Coconut Milk