Nicholas Kristof of the New York Times editorial page called on President-Elect Barack Obama to name a Secretary of Food instead of a Secretary of Agriculture. Amen, brother, amen. We need a cabinet post that is dedicated to bettering the lives of serious eaters everywhere, don't we?
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: Sorry, Pulled Pork, It's Cochinita Pibil's Moment
- How to Make Rich, Flavorful Caramel Without Melting Sugar
- Serious Eats Recommends: 6 Food-Focused Books, Podcasts, and TV Shows We Love Right Now
- The Story of Carolina Gold, the Best Rice You've Never Tasted
- Beyond Memorial Day Burgers: 13 Recipes for Grilled Steak and More