Nicholas Kristof of the New York Times editorial page called on President-Elect Barack Obama to name a Secretary of Food instead of a Secretary of Agriculture. Amen, brother, amen. We need a cabinet post that is dedicated to bettering the lives of serious eaters everywhere, don't we?
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- Dinner in 20: For the Best Fried Chicken Cutlets, Use Clarified Butter
- Special Sauce: Dinosaur BBQ's John Stage on His Unlikely Path to Pitmaster
- The Food Lab's BLT Manifesto