Nicholas Kristof of the New York Times editorial page called on President-Elect Barack Obama to name a Secretary of Food instead of a Secretary of Agriculture. Amen, brother, amen. We need a cabinet post that is dedicated to bettering the lives of serious eaters everywhere, don't we?
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: A Mind-Blowing Technique for Cleaning Deep-Fry Oil Using Gelatin
- How to Make Oven-Baked Pork Ribs That Taste Like Smoky Barbecue
- Scrapcook: Transform Leftover Steak With a Ponzu-Mustard Vinaigrette
- Beautiful, Flaky Pie Crust the Old-Fashioned Way
- The Food Lab: How to Make Great Home Fries