As part of the Hong Kong Dragon Boat Festival yesterday at the Flushing Meadows Park in Queens, men and women shoved as many dumplings in their mouths as they could for two minutes on stage. Both champs of the 5th Annual Chef One Dumpling Eating Contest won last year: for the male division, Joe Menchetti with 66 dumplings (breaking his record of 60) and Floria Lee with 38 dumplings (who couldn't top her last year's record of 43).
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- We Aged Eggnog for 1 Year to See if It's Worth the Wait
- The Better, Faster Way to Freeze and Defrost Your Foods
- Step Aside, McRib Sandwich: The Food Lab's Ribby McRibface Just Stole Your Glory
- How to Make Boston Baked Beans, the Low, Slow, Old-Fashioned Way
- The Food Lab's Complete Guide to Sous Vide Halibut