As part of the Hong Kong Dragon Boat Festival yesterday at the Flushing Meadows Park in Queens, men and women shoved as many dumplings in their mouths as they could for two minutes on stage. Both champs of the 5th Annual Chef One Dumpling Eating Contest won last year: for the male division, Joe Menchetti with 66 dumplings (breaking his record of 60) and Floria Lee with 38 dumplings (who couldn't top her last year's record of 43).
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Why I Prefer Teaspoons to Grams: 6 Measuring Mistakes That Derail Dessert
- Grilled Oysters Are Better With Butter: How to Make the Best Barbecued Oysters
- What Is American Cheese, Anyway?
- The Perfect Blueberry Pie: Fast, Easy, and Totally Reliable
- Why a Control State Liquor Store Might Be Your Best Bet for Finding Rare and Interesting Spirits