Oft overlooked is the humble ice cube. But when presented just so in a rocks glass, with a pour of good bourbon or a well-balanced cocktail, a carefully crafted hunka frozen H20 can be a work of art, as this, ahem, cool feature by Grub Streets shows. And, oh, pretty slide show of the prettiest ice from bars around New York City.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Trial by Fire: My Life With the Culinary Director of Serious Eats
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Cookbook Love Letter: Jacques Pépin's Complete Techniques
- Making Nachos for the Super Bowl? Here Are the Essentials