Chang didn't take the bait (he doesn't consider himself the ramen king of New York, and he said he liked the ramen at Ippudo), but there are some amusing exchanges between the two. Both Richman and Chang recognized the quality of the broth and the noodles, but Richman didn't think much of the pork slices. I actually thought they were terrific.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- McDonald's Killed Burger King's McWhopper, so We Made it Ourselves
- A Summer Vegetable Lasagna That's Light (but Not Too Light)
- The Best Peach Cobbler Is Also a Simple Peach Cobbler
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Summer Vegetable Lasagna With Zucchini, Squash, Eggplant, and Tomato