Chang didn't take the bait (he doesn't consider himself the ramen king of New York, and he said he liked the ramen at Ippudo), but there are some amusing exchanges between the two. Both Richman and Chang recognized the quality of the broth and the noodles, but Richman didn't think much of the pork slices. I actually thought they were terrific.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- Dinner in 20: For the Best Fried Chicken Cutlets, Use Clarified Butter
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams
- How to Make the Most of Late-Summer Fruit With Pie