Of course the question is whether he would continue to comply with the health codes once he does reopen. The more I think about it the more I think outside forces cannot influence the outcome of this impending urban tragedy. Dom has his own idiosyncratic way of doing things, and it could be he just can't adapt. Of course as a friend of mine noted, we all would be willing to sign a waiver when we walked in the door at DiFara insulating him from any foodborne illness-related lawsuits. I love the idea of a DiFara Personal Industry Waiver. Maybe we could take up a collection and find Dom new space somewhere brand spanking new, preferably in Serious Eats' neighborhood.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Trial by Fire: My Life With the Culinary Director of Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Cookbook Love Letter: Jacques Pépin's Complete Techniques
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Special-Occasion Breakfast: Challah French Toast With Orange and Rum